40+ Easy and Simple Steps Anyone Can Follow To Live Sustainable Life
No matter what you think about global warming, taking care of our planet should concern you. There are things that we can do right now that will make the future brighter for all of us. Finding innovative and creative ways to practice energy sustainability is essential to this process. This type of life style simply means focusing on the utilization of energy that does not decrease sustainability. Another important goal of this view on energy, is not robbing future generations by how we live today. Making a habit to follow sustainable steps could benefit not only the planet but all who live here.
Here are steps connected to our activities and the products that we buy and how they can help us to better use energy.
1. Replace existing windows with energy efficient models that utilize natural light and reduce yearly energy costs. These windows not only prevent the escape of air but allow for more home efficiency.
2. Walk to your office on sunny days not only promotes physical fitness but reduces the amount of fossil fuel your exhaustible vehicle uses. This is an option that is especially effective for city residents.
3. Purchase light bulbs that are energy efficient and produces better lighting options for every room of your home. LED bulbs come in various styles, shapes and sizes and can be used for recess ceiling lights.
4. Install solar panels on your home’s roof to decrease utilities and cut down on energy used by heating and air conditioning units. Diverse carriers allow consumers many options for solar design and products.
5. Convert to tidal power energy alternatives if you live on the coast, which uses tidal movements for energy instead of electricity. Oceanic options offer consumers a renewable source for powering homes.
6. Purchase vehicles that run on bio energy technology, such as ethanol and biodiesel, which reduces greenhouse gases. These vehicles cost less to maintain than larger less efficient diesel vehicle models.
7. Recycle plastic products that are biodegradable and are more energy sustainable than those produced with petroleum. This process reduces litter and protects the environment for the future.
8. Consider geothermal heat pumps for homes and businesses, because they use heat from the ground instead of electric systems and fuel. This type of energy use does not require exhaustible machinery.
9. Convert office ventilation to solar system that preheats the air in the winter without increase the use of energy. This system is especially helpful in areas where temperatures are extremely cold or harsh.
10. Use bikes to run errands instead of vehicles to decrease emissions and save money. Scheduling specific days for bike transportation can also be mentally and physically beneficial, while you conserve.
11. Consider green power options for your home which may include blended or block products to reduce energy costs. Many power companies offer customers alternative methods to save energy.
12. Use solar water heating systems instead of traditional hot water heaters that can often use both gas and electricity. This is an option that offers efficiency and reduced use of electric equipment.
13. Purchase solar outdoor lighting instead of using traditional electricity sources and benefit from the sun’s strength. These products absorb the sun’s rays and provide yard and walkway lighting at night.
14. Install solar shingles on your roof to conserve energy and utilize a renewable resource not made from fossil fuel use. Many of these products are of better quality and last longer than traditional brands.
15. Consider the benefits of wind power to heat and cool your home, which is produced from wind turbines located throughout the country. This is another great option for budget-conscious consumers.
16. Purchase paper products made from recycled materials and have been produced with less energy and are environmentally friendly. Petroleum use is required for the production of many paper products.
17. Open the windows on cool days in the summer to lessen your use of air conditioning systems and single room units. During milder weather you can reduce energy costs by embracing natural options.
18. Prepare meals that do not require the use of gas or electric stoves decreasing energy production and fuel usage. Salads, sandwiches and raw vegetables are nice alternatives to traditional cooked meals.
19. Purchase clothing made from cotton which is a great renewable resource. These are products that do not include plastics and other components that are made from fuels and electrical machinery.
20. Reduce your purchase of beverage and foods stored in aluminum cans. Aluminum is considered to be a non-renewable resource that is less efficient and often results in litter and environmental damage.
21. Clean your home with green eco-friendly products that are environmentally friendly. These are items that do not include harmful chemicals or the use of aerosol containers, often made from plant ingredients.
22. Use beauty products that do not contain petroleum. Natural creams, lotions, lipsticks and other cosmetics are available from various companies, without the use of petroleum and chemical ingredients.
23. Maintain your garden with the use of recycled supplies and products. You can purchase gloves, tools and even soil that have been produced from natural ingredients and fully recycled materials.
24. Drive cars that are totally or partially electric. These are vehicles that are designed to operate without sole dependence of gasoline and can perform efficiently through battery components.
25. Purchase your choice of clothing products made from recycled materials. There are companies that specialize in producing shirts, pants, hats and other apparel made from 100% recycled materials.
26. Use advanced office equipment to improve efficiency and decrease spending. There are printers, scanners and copiers in this category that function without a lot of energy use and can cost less.
27. Eat sustainable food products that are healthy and utilize environmentally friendly packaging designs. These are natural and organic food items that are produced without energy wasting packages.
28. Purchase plant-based cleaning towels, wipes and other items for home or office use. These are made totally from natural products and do not leave chemical components on cleaned items.
30. Consider energy efficient washers and dryers for the laundry. These are products that have been designed to operate with less energy and to utilize fewer household resources, resulting in efficiency.
31. Purchase water filtration systems that conserve and store water naturally. There portable filtration products and systems capture rain water and also performs filtration for home, farm and land use.
32. Utilize food waste for various gardening projects. Composting offers consumers a method of natural recycling and an opportunity to re-purpose waste items to grow food without energy usage.
33. Grocery shop with reusable tote bags to reduce plastic products. Taking these bags along on your trips to the store actually prevents not only the use of plastic bags but paper products, as well.
34. Use public transportation whenever possible. This is an alternative that helps you to drive less, conserve on the usage of fossil fuels, along with practicing a budget-friendly habit.
35. Save data instead of printing or copying it. Purchasing backup flash drives allows you to produce electronic copies of data without the use of paper products, ink and other related supplies.
36. Use clothesline to dry clothes instead of using dryer. Why not to use the sunlight to dry clothes instead of using dryer.
37. Insulate your windows and doors. Insulating windows help keep the heat in during winter. This will reduce your electricity consumption which will save you money.
38. Prepare for an eco-friendly holiday. Plan for an eco-friendly holiday with your friends. This is one of the ways to enjoy time with your loved ones while reducing your carbon footprint.
39. Consider building an environmentally friendly home. When building a new home, consider building an environmentally friendly home. An environmentally friendly home is one that not only saves you money but also preserves the environment.
40. Focus on Reduce, Reuse and Recycling. Reduce the amount of items you need to buy to reduce your waste at home, office or school. Reuse existing items so as to minimize the amount of items that goes to trash. Recycle products that are of no longer in use so that that can be recycled into same products or different products.
41. Teach your kids or friends about sustainable lifestyle. Sustainable living is a lifestyle that attempts to reduce an individual’s or society’s use of the Earth’s natural resources and personal resources. Teach your kids how living a sustainable life can help them to reduce their carbon footprint by altering methods of transportation, energy consumption, and diet.
There are many different technologies included in the process of energy sustainability. Each of these provides us with real life options for improving the future. We can apply any of these simple steps to conserve energy and make it sustainable for other generations. They offer us options for reducing the usage of energy, machinery and emissions production. By adopting these we will provide a better and brighter future for many generations to come.
- Can You Recycle T-Shirts? (And 10 Ways to Reuse Old T-Shirts) - April 4, 2021
- Are Rugs Recyclable? (And 11 Uses For Old Rugs) - April 4, 2021
- Can You Recycle Door Knobs? (And 5 Creative Uses of Them) - April 4, 2021