Do Your Part to Protect Environment – 35+ Wonderful Ways t0 Protect Biodiversity
Biodiversity is not a limited concern. This is a topic that affects all living things, whether they are plants, organisms or animals. Protecting biodiversity is all about finding real ways to coexist without harming one another. It also involves committing to practices that consider diverse ecosystems and habitats around the world. We can participate in the protection of biodiversity by becoming knowledgeable about the things we buy, consume and use. How we treat the environment is also how we treat biodiversity. Our lives are impacted regularly when it comes to water, food, oxygen and other resources we need.
Let’s take a look at 35+ ways the environment benefits from the focus of biodiversity.
1. Purchase products that have eco-labels for reference. These labels allow consumers to learn exactly products are made from and the percentages of the ingredients in a particular food or household item.
2. Recycle all plastic and glass products as a household. This process prevents the overuse of petroleum products in the making of items, as well as, protects trees and forests used in paper products.
4. Purchase eco-friendly appliances for your home and office. There are many brands and types of appliances in this category that are designed to utilize less energy and to reduce utility costs.
5. Use energy conserving light bulbs around your house. It is possible to purchase LED light bulbs for all of your fixtures, lamps and recess locations to improve overall efficiency and protect the environment.
6. Eat more organically grown produce items. These are fruits and vegetables that were grown without the use of harmful fertilizers that are often made from a vast array of chemicals and components.
7. Select times to walk to work or play activities instead of driving your vehicle. This healthy option reduces emissions in the air which negatively or harmfully impacts both plants and animals.
8. Purchase meat products of animals fed grass or organic feed items. Animals in this category produce safer meat for consumption because they do not have added hormones or chemicals.
9. Support restaurants and fast food locations that use recycled paper products. These businesses make a point of purchasing products that are green and that promote global deforestation efforts.
10. Consider purchasing a vehicle that uses less fuel or that functions electrically. These vehicles are available in different sizes and styles and provide consumers with alternate transportation options.
11. Purchase energy efficient electronics and computers. Items in this category were designed to use less energy overall through components like batteries, wiring and other conservation details.
12. Garden and get rid of outdoor pests, using natural soil and composting efforts. This allows you to grow plants and vegetables without the use of products including chemicals and pesticides.
13. Consume produce that has not been genetically modified. These fruits and vegetables were generally grown through natural means and offer health benefits, vitamins and nutrients.
14. Pick up litter from parks, yards and gardens in the community. Many of the items littered, such as, cans and plastics are not biodegradable and can affect habitats negatively when left alone.
16. Use batteries that are rechargeable and buy related kits. This practice not only cuts your cost of purchasing batteries but reduces lead and other metals utilized in their production.
17. Hire cleaning companies and services that use green products. These companies’ perform cleaning services without the use of products that include harsh chemicals and those that are in aerosol cans.
18. Turn lights off after leaving a room. This is a practice that promotes the use of less electricity overall and it also can have a budget-friendly impact on your household or office utilities.
19. Use green insulation products to protect your home and business. These products include green components for walls and attics and other household areas and do not have chemical ingredients.
20. Plant a variety of flowers in gardens and yards outside the home. This is a way to promote our immune systems, pollination and to maintain bee populations and the making of local honey products.
21. Purchase a shower timer for the bathrooms in your home. This type of product is used to reduce the amount of water each household uses and can help to lower utility costs in this area.
22. Limit the use of a dryer for laundry activities. Install an indoor clothes hanger to allow apparel to dry naturally without the use of energy and electricity for the same goal.
24. Use water-based paints for decoration projects. These are paint products produced without chemical components that can lead to breathing problems and allergies.
25. Close your curtains during the summer months of the year. This practice allows you to cool the rooms of your house without using air conditioning or fans reduce energy consumption.
26. Barbecue or grill outdoors with natural gas equipment instead of charcoal grills. Charcoal grills operate by putting fossil fuel into the air and increasing the production of pollution.
27. Purchase cosmetic products that are produced from natural oils. There are many products in this category that do not include chemicals and dyes, and provide consumers with healthy alternatives.
28. Schedule and run multiple errands at one time each week. Cutting back on trips around town can be done through consolidation and taking care of a variety of things in one single trip.
29. Install surge protectors in your home office. This is a good way to conserve energy and space, because you can use one source to plug multiple appliances at the same time.
30. Plant trees near your home to produce shade during the summer. Strategic tree placement can help you to cool the rooms of your home and to use less energy for this process.
31. Purchase sink water filter product for your kitchen. This is a healthy way to filter drinking and cooking water, as well as, reducing the purchase of costly bottled water products.
32. Reduce waste of household food resources. Organize food purchases and storage methods to avoid the waste of these resources and negative impacts on your budget.
33. Do your yardwork with hand tools whenever possible. Brooms, hedge cutters and shovels allow for a good workout and do not require gasoline to operate effectively.
34. Purchase geothermal heat pumps for homes and businesses. These are examples of products that run by harnessing heat from the ground and offer more efficiency.
35. Regularly maintain the operation of your vehicle. Checking various components and engine levels helps the vehicle to function efficiently and to use less fuel overall.
Protecting biodiversity is one way that we all can plan for the future. This is a topic that plays a role in how well we will live past the current time. Ecosystems and habitats including plants and animals are negatively impacted by bad practices. The production of life-saving medicine, clean water and healthy food choices is connected to biodiversity. As the world’s population grows, so does the stress placed on the environment. It is up to us to find ways to consume less, produce products that are green and that reduce the use of fossil fuels. These are important alternatives to maintain the health of the planet.
Latest posts by Rinkesh (see all)
- The Future of Sustainable Travel and How it will Impact You - December 3, 2019
- 15 Ultimate Health Benefits of Eating Quail Eggs - December 1, 2019
- 13 Health Benefits of Eating Rambutan - November 15, 2019