Around the globe, people are making hard work to protect natural resources before their depletion reaches an increased state. People today are ‘going green’ to protect their land and to prove themselves as good citizens. Some think that the natural resources need not to be protected but increased pollution in rivers, streams and lakes has become a great danger for life. Other than that, due to increased population, the consumption of water has been enhanced greatly. Therefore, it is very essential to protect water resources and to maintain the balance in the ecosystem.
How Does Water Recycling Works
Water recycling is all about using old, dirty water and turning into something useful. The water recycling process goes through the following process:
1. Reverse Osmosis: It is a process in which when pressure is exerted on highly concentrated solution then the solvent from it moves through a highly permeable membrane containing numerous pores to another solution which is less concentrated.
- The recycling process of the water that has chemicals in it to preserve water.
- It is used to recycle water that has fluoride and other impurities so it can be used for drinking.
- It is used to recycle sea water by removing salts from it.
Other process of water purification for saving use can be done
- By the action of chemicals so as to kill germs.
- Water can be purified on a large scale by distillation, sublimation, filtration and other techniques.
- Boiling of water can kill many harmful germs that can be done by the exposure to sunlight which would save energy.
It should be made sure that the water is not wasted into seawater. There should be a proper should for water reservation. Underground tanks and many other techniques should be applied to save water for recycling.
Benefits of Water Recycling
There are many benefits of water recycling as it can be used again and again in many other processes:
- Landscape irrigation: People are recycling water irrigation systems which are completely separated from the domestic water supply.
- For industrial use: Processed waste water can be used in industries in water sprinkling systems and in cooling towers. Many industries use a great amount of water but the purification is not much important in cleansing process.
- For Farming: Where farming depends on the irrigation of water, then depending on the extent of purification of water, it can be used to irrigate many vegetables, vineyards, grain crops and fruit trees.
- Recreation: Recycled water can be used in outdoor fountain displays, to water golf courses and for artificial snow. The fountains give a very good luck to a park.
- Construction: Recycled water can be used on a construction site for many purposes like concrete mixing and dust control. The concrete mixing is a fundamental process in building.
So, keeping in view of the advantages of recycled water in many processes proves its importance. Although it can be rarely used for drinking yet it has many other uses. So it is very necessary to decrease water consumption and pollution so that natural ecosystem and the water cycle are not disturbed and our descendants do not have to face the problems of water shortage.