Are Energy Efficient Heaters Worth the Investment?
Heating your home is important. It’s important no matter where you live (ok – unless you live in Darwin, and then I’m pretty sure heating is only going to be important in the event of the apocalypse where everything freezes over and it’s minus twenty everywhere, and yet Darwin remains a balmy 14 degrees Celsius… but I digress).
Heaters need to be chosen according to a number of different parameters – like what size of heater you need, what kind of strength the heater needs to have and what kind of room the heater is heating. Then there are things to think about like whether it’s prudent to get ducted heating installed (top tip – unless you live in Victoria or Tasmania, it’s really not worth it) and what kind of set-up you want to get.
- What are Energy-Efficient Space Heaters?
- Benefits of Buying an Energy-efficient Heater
- 10 Best Energy-Efficient Space Heaters For Your Home
- 1. Lasko 755320 Ceramic Space Heater 8.5 L x 7.25 W x 23 H inches
- 2. Oscillating Space Heater – Ceramic Forced Fan Heating by Comfort Zone
- 3. PELONIS Oil Filled Radiator Heater Luxurious Champagne Portable Space Heater for Home Office
- 4. Portable Electric Space Heater with Thermostat for Office Room Desk Indoor Use by GiveBest
- 5. Taotronics TT-HE001 1500W Electric Portable Fast Heating for Indoor Use Home
- 6. De’Longhi Oil-Filled Radiator Space Heater
- 7. Heat Storm HS-1500-PHX-WIFI Infrared Heater, Wifi Wall Mounted by Heat Storm
- 8. Honeywell HCE200W UberHeat Ceramic Heater White Energy Efficient Space Saving Portable Heater
- 9. ALROCKET Oscillating Space Heater For Home Office Use
- 10. Aikoper 1500W Ceramic Tower Heater For Indoor Use
What are Energy-Efficient Space Heaters?
Energy-efficient space heaters are electric appliances, that are used when a room gets chilly, warming it and making it comfortable for living. Space heaters may take a toll on the electricity as they might run continuously for days and nights, but the energy-efficient models, ensure they use the least amount of energy, while at the same time not compromising on the output. They come in different shapes, forms, and prices. They are also powered by different sources, like electricity, gas, or solid fuel, among others.
It is therefore important to choose the best space heater for your room so that it does not provide you with warmth and all available disadvantages such as high electricity bills or unreliable sources of energy. Some may also be portable, meaning they will only warm the room in which they are placed, while some are permanently fitted on a room, meaning each room has to be warmed.
In an increasingly environment-conscious world, one should only go for the best and most energy-efficient space heater. For the list below, only space heaters with over 1,000 reviews or ratings on Amazon were selected.
Most homes are going to use some kind of heating or cooling system throughout the year – although if you have a well-designed house, you might be able to avoid the excessive use of heating and cooling devices. That said, there’s probably no way around avoiding them altogether, so you need to figure out if the energy-efficient ones are best for you or not. Whether you’re looking at outdoor heaters or an indoor system, it’s vital that you consider the environment and your hip pocket as part of the equation.
Benefits of Buying an Energy-efficient Heater
When buying an energy-efficient heater, there are plenty of benefits to reap:
- You’re going to save a whole lot of money. Buying an energy-efficient heater is a great boon for your savings account because it delivers the same heating for your home at a far cheaper rate. It’s definitely something that should be part of your decision-making process and I know it was a key part of mine.
- You will enjoy the feeling of doing something good for the planet. Choosing a heater that is energy efficient is a good thing for your wallet for sure, but the other key benefit is that it’s really good for the planet. Enjoy this feeling of contributing to a greater cause- you’ve earnt it!
- You may inspire others to greatness. When you buy a new product, there’s every chance that you go and ask your friends what kind of heater they have and you go and find out what the best product is to buy based on their recommendations. It stands to reason that your friends may bounce off you as well and be inspired by your eco-friendly choice, right?
10 Best Energy-Efficient Space Heaters For Your Home
1. Lasko 755320 Ceramic Space Heater 8.5 L x 7.25 W x 23 H inches
This is one of the most highly rated space heater with over 8,100 reviews to its name. The space heater has a 2 Quiet setting, including high heat and low heat plus an auto setting, making it ideal for warming the home or office. It has an adjustable thermostat with a digital display, allowing one to adjust the heater’s 1500-watt ceramic heating element.
It comes with remote control and a built-in timer that allows you to adjust the heater’s temperature, either in Fahrenheit or Celcius, its oscillation and more from a distance. There are also built-in safety features that protect from overheating even if left on for an extended amount of time.
2. Oscillating Space Heater – Ceramic Forced Fan Heating by Comfort Zone
This next space heater uses a forced-fan circulation to heat as it rotates from side to side, quickly and evenly warming the room, at the same time maintaining a consistent temperature. It is ETL certified and includes an overheat protection sensor and an automatic fail-safe which cuts power to the unit if it is tipped over accidentally.
The digital thermostat prevents the unit from overheating and stuffiness, while an eight-hour time with auto shutoff allows you to program the unit in advance, maintaining a steady and comfortable temperature. The device is energy-efficient and frostbite weather should not bite more on the owner’s paycheck as its energy-saving ECO mode adjusts the heat output to lower costs, while the ceramic build prevents overheating.
3. PELONIS Oil Filled Radiator Heater Luxurious Champagne Portable Space Heater for Home Office
This space heater has three heating modes, Hi, Lo and Eco, and five temperature settings between 65°F and 85°F to achieve customized warmth without worrying about huge energy bills. It features an LED display, digital thermostat, 10-hour timer and remote control for distant operations.
It is designed for medium to large rooms, with an oil radiator that ensures maximum and constant warmth without fan noises. The space heater is also portable with a sturdy champagne gold carrying handle, has a power indicator light that lets you know the unit is on. It also comes with built-in overheat protection and a tip-over safety switch that shuts the heater off if it is accidentally knocked over.
4. Portable Electric Space Heater with Thermostat for Office Room Desk Indoor Use by GiveBest
With just under 7,000 reviews, this next 2-in-1 space heater comes with a ceramic heater that provides two heat levels and one cool air fan, meaning it can be used both for winter and summer. The thermostat control turns it off once it reaches the pre-set temperature, and turns it back on if the temperature dips below the thermostat setting.
The heater is made of flame-retardant material, avoiding fire hazards, can automatically shut off if it overheats, and has a tip-over protection system if it is knocked over accidentally. The space heater is portable with a built-in carry handle. It is quiet and quickly heats a room in seconds. Finally, it has a six-foot lead cord and 2-prong connection for long-lasting life.
5. Taotronics TT-HE001 1500W Electric Portable Fast Heating for Indoor Use Home
This device heats up quickly and evenly and can be used either at home or in the office. It has a compact size, making it ideal for indoor use in any room. It has built-in overheating and tip-over protection sensors as well as a 12 -hour timer, all that work together for a much safer experience.
The timer also has an auto-shutoff and remote control, easily giving you the chance to control the heater from a distance. The LED display and touch control are also operational for easy operations.
The space heater has a far-reaching oscillation for increased heat distribution by 20% for even warmth. Its energy-saving ECO mode automatically adjusts the heating mode based on the ambient temperature, saving energy cost while keeping you cozy in cold temperatures.
6. De’Longhi Oil-Filled Radiator Space Heater
This device is patented, made of high-quality steel and has a permanently-sealed oil reservoir that never needs refilling. It provides 1500 watts of heating power for quiet and full room comfort. You can customize it to your heating needs with an adjustable thermostat and three heat settings. The unique thermal slot design maximizes heat flow into the room at the same time maintaining a low surface temperature. The space heater also features a thermal shutoff to prevent overheating.
7. Heat Storm HS-1500-PHX-WIFI Infrared Heater, Wifi Wall Mounted by Heat Storm
This is a unique space heater as it is Wi-Fi enabled, making it easier for you to control it from your phone. It saves on space as it is to be mounted on the wall, meaning you do not have to lose floor space. The 9-pound space heater is ideal for offices, bedrooms, kitchens and more. When the 110 Volt appliance is installed over the outlet, you can hide the cord inside the heater. This unit stays cool to the touch, meaning it is safe to touch even when hot and also, the wall stays cool.
8. Honeywell HCE200W UberHeat Ceramic Heater White Energy Efficient Space Saving Portable Heater
The UberHeat Ceramic Heater is powerful and comes in a compact and modern design. Its low setting requires very little electricity to operate, making it more energy-efficient and a better option for saving energy. It is ideal for either tabletop or floor placement and has a powerful heater, featuring two heat settings, an adjustable thermostat, a tip-over switch, cool-touch housing and overheat protection.
There is a range of Honeywell heaters covering personal, ceramic, fan forced, radiant and infrared to meet all your heating needs. This space heater can help you save money while providing soothing warmth for the home, office or school.
9. ALROCKET Oscillating Space Heater For Home Office Use
This next space heater can be fit in any place with its compact 4.9×4.9×8.1-inch size. It is super easy to set up and use. you only need to switch it on, choose your desired temperature setting and enjoy its quiet work. It is fitted with overheat protection, tip-over protection and it can automatically shut down if tipped or is overheating.
The appliance is equipped with PTC ceramics with long service life, high thermal efficiency that can quickly heat within a second, and a wide-angle auto-oscillation. Additionally, it comes in three temperature settings, Natural Wind, Low Heat, and High Heat, to fulfill your all-year needs in one switch.
10. Aikoper 1500W Ceramic Tower Heater For Indoor Use
This last space heater comes from Aikoper. It provides a maximum of 1500w power and two heat settings, providing enough heat to any part of the room during the cold seasons. The ceramic tower heater creates a mild current of heat, quickly heating any room within no time.
It requires no assembly and is fully portable, with a carry handle. Its ECO setting allows the heater to turn on/off automatically, by comparing the room temperature with the set temperature, maximizing the energy consumption by the device. The tower is also designed to shut off if it is accidentally tipped over or if it overheats. It is therefore safe for families with kids or pets.
It has an 8-hour timer which ensures just the right time warm comfort with peace of mind. The company also assures those who buy via Amazon, that they can contact them and their issues will be resolved within 24 hours.
- Can You Recycle T-Shirts? (And 10 Ways to Reuse Old T-Shirts) - April 4, 2021
- Are Rugs Recyclable? (And 11 Uses For Old Rugs) - April 4, 2021
- Can You Recycle Door Knobs? (And 5 Creative Uses of Them) - April 4, 2021