40+ Amazing Noise Pollution Quotes
Noise pollution often emanates from railroads, road traffic, aircraft, loud music, construction sites, and industrial activities. . Industries, mining, household chores, traffic – it’s a constant barrage of high pitches.
It is also known as sound pollution or environmental noise, mainly caused by transportation and transport systems like vehicles, trains, or planes, and machines, music systems, megaphones, and industries, to mention a few.
Noise is regarded as a pollutant majorly because it disrupts the natural flow of hearing or the normal hearing sense. Here are 40+ amazing quotes on noise pollution. Read on and enjoy the post!
40+ Amazing Quotes on Noise Pollution
1. Of all the varieties of modern pollution, noise is the most insidious.
~ Robert Lacey
2. Noise pollution is a relative thing. In a city, it’s a jet plane taking off. In a monastery, it’s a pen that scratches.
~ Robert Orben
3. One of the great threats facing marine mammals in the ocean is acoustic pollution – noise pollution -which is impeding the whale’s ability to find food and communicate with each other.
~ Brent Plater
4. Noise pollution exists wherever there is excessive unwanted sound.
~ David Goeddel, Scientist
5. The white noise of an industrial and commercial society drowns out our ability to think.
~ Kilroy J. Oldster, Dead Toad Scrolls
6. The world sits quiet as if sighing and taking a long inhale after what seemed like forever with mankind and the noise pollution.
~ Tara Brown
7. The World Health Organization … estimated that 1.6 million years of healthy living are lost every year in Europe because of noise pollution.
~ A. J. Jacobs
8. Even in the most beautiful music, there are some silences, which are there so we can witness the importance of silence. Silence is more important than ever, as life today is full of noise. We speak a lot about environmental pollution but not enough about noise pollution.
~ Andrea Bocelli
9. We live in a world where unfortunately the distinction between true and false appears to become increasingly blurred by manipulation of facts, by exploitation of uncritical minds, and by the pollution of the language.
~ Arne Tiselius
10. I’m allergic to noise and vulgarity. I think the noise is possibly the worst of all pollutions.
~ John Saladino
11. People who record birdsong generally do it very early before six o’clock if they can. Soon after that, the invasion of distant noise in most woodland becomes too constant and too loud.
~ Richard Adams
12. America today stands poised on a pinnacle of wealth and power, yet we live in a land of vanishing beauty, of increasing ugliness, of shrinking open space, and of an overall environment that is diminished daily by pollution and noise and blight.
~ Stewart Udall
13. The sound of diesel fuel rushing through grimy pistons and cylinders below a morning-fogged window bored through his ears like a deep-water drill bit, and the thump of his own heartbeat cursed him for breaking one of his many rules.
~ Luke Taylor
14. I have long held the opinion that the amount of noise that anyone can bear undisturbed stands in inverse proportion to his mental capacity and therefore be regarded as a pretty fair measure of it.
~ Arthur Schopenhauer
15. He comes.
And he comes
with noise pollution.
If I ever prayed for anything,
it was for a man
to shut up.
~ Casey Renee Kiser
16. Man will survive as a species for one reason: He can adapt to the destructive effects of our power-intoxicated technology and of our ungoverned population growth, to the dirt, pollution and noise of a New York or Tokyo. And that is the tragedy. It is not man the ecological crisis threatens to destroy but the quality of human life.
~ Rene Dubos
17. Talking is fantastically overrated. Too many people do too much of it. It stuns the hell out of me how so many people like to talk. Sharkey, for example. If talking is so good for you, what the hell is Sharkey doing here? The guy tears me up. Talking does not heal you. Talking just adds to the noise pollution in the world. If we were really serious about going green, then maybe we’d all just be quiet.
~ Benjamin Alire Saenz
18. Still, the moon stood out clearly against the sky. It hung up there faithfully, without a word of complaint concerning the city lights or the noise or the air pollution.
~ Haruki Murakami
19. Noise pollution is the most prevalent form of pollution across the globe and it’s affecting millions of people and wildlife.
20. I hate noise pollution. Get that filthy soda can out of my ear!
~ Jarod Kintz
21. Churches are like announcement factories that pump toxic levels of noise pollution into the atmosphere.
~ Scott McClellan
22. Noise pollution is basically defined as the presence of simple information that makes it impossible to hear all the other more delicate – and often more important – information. Noise pollution creates, if you will, dumb environments. Our industrial areas, many of our downtown urban areas, are dumb acoustic environments. Very simple, very loud, often unhealthy.
~ Gordon Hempton
23. The environmental agenda before the Congress includes laws to deal with water pollution, pesticide hazards, ocean dumping, excessive noise, careless land development and many other environmental problems. These problems will not stand still for politics or for partisanship.
~ Richard M. Nixon
24. Over the years, noise pollution has been the most constant and consistent form of pollution. It irritates and mentally exhausts me.
~ Rinkesh Kukreja
25. The environmental effects of the automobile are well known: motor vehicles cause, for example, as much as 75 percent of the noise and 80 percent of the air pollution in our cities, and the industry must face mounting pressure from environmentalists.
~ Stewart Udall
26. Some critics argue that a tsunami of hogwash has already rendered the Web useless. I disagree. We are indeed inundated by online noise pollution, but the problem is soluble.
~ Howard Rheingold
27. Noise is pollution.
~ Sylvia Townsend Warner
28. Nuclear man is the man who realizes that his creative powers hold the potential for self-destruction. He sees that in this nuclear age vast new industrial complexes enable man to produce in one hour that which he labored over for years in the past, but he also realizes that these same industries have disturbed the ecological balance and, through air and noise pollution, have contaminated his own milieu …
~ Henri Nouwen
29. There’s nothing quite like the sound of chainsaws over morning coffee.
~ Michael P. Naughton
30. I think the main influence has been living in New York City. Aside from all the crap around 9/11, I find it very demanding to think amid all the noise and visual pollution.
~ George Murray
31. Still, the moon stood out clearly against the sky. It hung up there faithfully, without a word of complaint concerning the city lights or the noise or the air pollution.
~ Haruki Murakami
32. Never let the noise of the world overpower the stillness of your soul.
~ Om Vibing
33. Noise pollution may not affect your lungs but it definitely affects your thinking ability. It is the most underrated form of pollution.
34. Noise is the most impertinent of all forms of interruption. It is not only an interruption but also a disruption of thought.
~ Arthur Schopenhauer
35. I rant and rave about noise pollution.
~ Robert Carlyle
36. One of the most pervasive forms of pollution in the developed world is noise. There’s no smell, no color, hardly any taste…all you can do is listen.
~ Naomi Klein
37. Noise pollution is a ‘double aged sword’, One side is religion and other side is politics…we can fight it only one weapon…Silence..
~ Pradeep Dixit
38. Noise, crowding, pollution and the sheer rush of our complex, modern society are rapidly becoming as oppressive to many individuals as the worst kind of political dictatorship.
~ Thomas Eagleton
39. Noise pollution has been called the “new secondhand smoke” because in addition to harming people and communities, it harms our economy and costs billions of dollars each year.
40. Noise is one of the most common complaints we hear at the Department of Environmental Protection. It’s not only annoying, but it can also be dangerous.
~ DEP Commissioner Bob Martin
41. On Roads, people press horn more than they drive and this really needs to stop.
~ Rinkesh Kukreja