35 Innovative Ways to Help Save the World and Prevent Environment Disaster
This list-based article is going to be one giant of an exercise to help you save the world and help reduce the possibility of more natural and environmental disasters from occurring in the future. The fact that the earth is over-heating as we speak is frightening enough. Climate change, global warming, air pollution, water pollution, overfishing, ozone layer depletion, overpopulation, habitat loss, land degradation, ocean acidification have taken toll on the environment and big and huge environmental disaster is awaiting us. But there’s nothing intimidating about this lengthy list of thirty five ways to save mother earth and prevent another natural environmental disaster from happening in your neighborhood or region.
Please do not print this out. Simply label it clearly and store it in your laptop’s folder created for this very purpose; a randomized checklist to help you save the environment. There are no challenges for you here because most of the ideas are easy enough to put in place, right in your very own home and big thing is that most of them won’t even require you to shell out a extra penny. Seek inspiration from it and then spread the word on what you discovered today. If each one us take a small initiative and make a small change, together we can save this world from big environmental disaster.
Lets have a look at 35 ways you can help save the world and prevent environmental disaster.
1. Do House Cleaning by Hand – You use up the same amount of time when you use a broom as you do a vacuum cleaner. While saving on energy, you also improve your own health. And mechanized devices are not as accurate as your own naked eye.
2. Have Regular Maintenance Done on all Appliances – Doing this helps to drive down energy use and the costs associated with later repairs and/or replacements. It also helps reduce the carbon footprint.
3. Clean Dishes quickly – This way you are more efficient and use less water than is necessary.
4. Make sure that Dishwasher is full – By under-utilizing your dishwasher, you waste energy.
5. Make sure that Washing Machine is full – See Make sure that Dishwasher is full. Also try to use less clothes than is really necessary.
6. Become Resourceful – Make yourself as alert as possible to all things that you use and consume at home and in your daily life. Instill in yourself a vigilant disposition and a disciplined determination to make the necessary changes required.
7. Become Conservation-wise – It begins in the home and are practical and easily applied. Not even a modicum of discipline is required to simply remind yourself to switch off lights not being used and brush your teeth without the tap water running.
8. Plant more Trees – As vital green lungs across the planet and including in our cities, towns and around our homes, these are all necessary for our survival. They provide us with vital oxygen and help purify our polluted air.
9. Install more Indoor Plants in your home – Indoor plants are effective and natural arbiters towards purifying indoor air. It also acts as a natural air conditioning system and it goes without saying that it is far more eco-friendly than mechanized appliances.
10. Save Water – This practice also goes hand in hand with energy conservation. And the practice is easy to apply to your domestic life. Take shorter showers, recycle used water and make sure all leaking taps and drains are repaired.
11. Use Small Appliances to cook Small Meals – Also strive to prepare more meals, such as vegetarian dishes, salads and meats ideal for the barbecue to help drive down excessive energy use. Smaller appliances use up less energy.
12. Clean Fridge regularly – Doing this regularly is equivalent to a good maintenance program. Keeping the fridge clean contributes towards using less energy.
13. Keep fridge free from Frost – The build-up of unnecessary frost and ice drives up your energy use.
14. Keep Fridge Temperature lower than Room Temperature – Apart from the energy savings here, it also helps keep food fresher for longer.
15. Keep fridge out of Direct Sunlight – There is a tendency for fridges to use excessive amounts of energy when placed in direct sunlight. Also make use of curtaining to keep the room cooler and shaded.
16. Drive Car Less – Simply cut down on unnecessary trips to the mall, particularly when you’re not out shopping and only going out for a bite to eat or to watch a movie. If it’s close by and early in the day, you can even walk there.
17. Use Public Transport regularly – Instead of drastically contributing towards the excessive increase in harmful carbons and getting caught in peak hour traffic, make use of rapid transport network systems which will also save you time and money.
18. Buy Recycled Products – This is yet another great and effective way towards reducing carbon footprints. By being both vigilant and patient, you should read labels in your supermarkets and other stores to check that these have been recycled.
19. Drastically Reduce use of Plastic – Without any debate, all forms of plastic are harmful to the environment in a great number of ways. With your limited use of plastic, find new ways to re-use it instead of disposing of it.
20. Buy Local Produce only – By doing this, you drastically reduce your own carbon footprint. You no longer contribute to the excessive energy and fuel use made when products are shipped to your area. Go a step further by sourcing organic produce only.
21. Switch off all Lights not being used or needed – The opposite to this is wastage on a grand scale. You also drive up your own expenditure on energy not being used.
22. Buy High Wattage Bulbs only – One single bulb not only equates to several low-wattage bulbs, it exceeds them in conserving energy.
23. Paint indoor walls White – This helps reflect natural light into areas of rooms and drives down the need to use artificial and expensive lighting features.
24. Join Conservation Groups – This is a great way to help educate yourself and become more aware. Even if you are not able to volunteer just one hour of your time to clean-up and awareness campaigns, you can still contribute financially and via social media.
25. Do not Litter – It does not matter where you are or how small the item, simply do not do this. Keep litter to hand until you have found a disposal unit for your waste. Smokers should rather give up their habit entirely rather than hunt for filter disposal units.
26. Campaign against Littering – This requires more vigilance on your part. While you practice what you preach by not littering yourself you inform others and report culprits to the authorities so that they can be reprimanded.
27. Drastically Reduce use of Harmful Chemical Products – These include ammonia, paint, oil and all contribute towards polluting the air and water, even ground water. And when you are done with it, you need to dispose of these at available chemical waste depots.
28. Create Compost from Left-over Food – This natural and practical habit creates healthy nutrients for your garden’s plants. It also cuts down on excessive and unnecessary garbage disposal.
29. Protect All Wildlife – This requires a collective effort and extends to protecting your forests and nearby open fields in which all forms of natural wildlife depend for their habitat and survival. Join wildlife campaigns and reduce your consumption of meat products.
30. Protect Insects and Arachnids – Most folks still believe that these are pests and are even unnecessarily afraid of them. The reality is that these small creatures are a vital component to the entire earth’s ecosystem.
31. Educate yourself as far as possible – There are many ways to skin a cat but you won’t be doing this, of course. What you will be doing is immersing yourself in as match literature and online resources as possible. These are all widely available.
32. Educate Others too – And while you educate yourself, you talk to others about what you have discovered. This creates a chain-reaction of the non-nuclear kind. The more people know, the more aware they become.
33. Clean Light Bulbs regularly – This is another maintenance exercise. It also helps keep bulbs lasting longer than its usual date.
34. Only use Organic Produce – See Buy Local Produce only. The last point here is also relevant.
35. Start your own Organic Garden – You safe yourself even more at the grocery store, contribute towards your home’s own green lung and even improve your physical and mental health by immersing in the intended human practices of Mother Nature.
Latest posts by Rinkesh (see all)
- 15 Wondrous Health Benefits of Eating Arugula For the Body - April 18, 2019
- 15 Extraordinary Health Benefits of Arrowroot - April 18, 2019
- 15 Stupendous Health Benefits of Eating Zucchini - April 16, 2019