Recycling has become the major process going on in the industries. Anything that can serve as the source to make other things is called recyclable materials. The materials that can be recycled are glass, aluminum, plastic water bottles, metal scrap, different kinds of paper, electronics –computers, cellular phones, keyboards, batteries and other small electronic equipment, textile, wood, wire, cables, plastic product, rubber etc.
Apart from this industrial recycling, all the leaves, food leftovers, waste, twigs and other garden waste are decomposed by worms and saprobes and are converted into fertilizers.
Best and the most economic materials to recycle
As already told that recycling saves energy (almost 70% less energy is required in recycling) and money, so it is the most economic process. Industrialists are focusing on making the products that can be recycled later. A great percentage of materials are being recycled and are being used as households and their number is increasing day by day. The most important recyclable materials are:
1. Plastic recycling: Many plastic products and bags are in use nowadays. Plastic recycling serves as a solution to the earthly pollution. Plastics are polymers and are resinous and they are melted down to make other products. Most importantly plastic container like water bottles, beverage containers, milk bottles, soap boxes etc. are recycled. Along with it grocery bags and plastic sacks are also recycled.
2. Electronics recycling: In this world of technology where the gadgets are rapidly advancing and each new gadget has features different from the old ones, so people buy new gadget as soon as it appears in the market. The question arises: what to do with the old electronic? They should be given to other people so that the cycle continues.
Electronics have some toxic and explosive matter in them and they have to be disposed of properly. So rather than throwing them, we should get them recycled and let their explosive matter be removed. All the electronics like televisions, monitor, printers, keyboards, scanner, cell phones, fax machine etc. are recycled.
3. Clothing and paper recycling: Clothes are recycled in industries on a great scale and quality need not to be compromised. Brand new and good quality clothing is made from old clothing. Similarly, paper products are recycled to save deforestation and pollution.
4. Vehicles: Big and expensive vehicles are recycled in industries which assist the economy a lot .
5. Batteries recycling: Rechargeable batteries can be recycled only. The batteries are first separated from their plastic and insulation coverings then they are heated in large furnaces and large energy is consumed.
6. Aluminum cans recycling: Aluminum cans are used for preserving or canned food. As they are in great use now, so they occupy a great part of the waste. There is a great need of recycling them which not only reduces land pollution but is also an energy saver.
If the industrialists all around the globe aim to make products that can be recycled later and recreate products from used materials, it will surely decrease problems like pollution and global warming. The right disposal of materials should be checked. The economy will surely be supported and money would be saved. So everybody should make sure that their products are recycled by some means because for the survival on earth, the cycle should be completed.