Global Warming Solutions
Earth’s temperature is rising day by day and there is no single solution to solve global warming which has already created havoc in today’s world. Threats of global warming include: rising sea level, lost endangered species, climate change and deadly storm events. We have already seen the causes of global warming. The solutions listed below can bring down the carbon emissions up to much extent We are already seeing the effects of global warming around the world as climate change, melting of glaciers, droughts and diseases.
The real problem is the pollution produced from industries, vehicles and power plants. The solutions listed below require tough laws and regulations that require firm deadlines for global warming pollution reductions.
1. Use energy efficient products : Energy efficient products like fluorescent bulbs go long way in saving energy and that too at low cost. Energy produced by electronic gadgets at home or industry are largest producer of global warming. Using energy efficient products has vast potential to save both energy and money, and can be deployed quickly.
2. Going nuclear : Nuclear technology produce low carbon emissions, an increase in the use of nuclear energy could help in reducing global warming. Though, nuclear technology pose serious threat to health and security but its safe use can help in reducing global warming to great extent. But incidents like accident at the Fukushima Diaichi plant in Japan pose serious questions: whether its time to go nuclear?
3. Phasing out fossil fuels : Burning of fossil fuels like wood or coal produce more carbon emissions than other product. Phasing out coal burning power plants and not burning fossil fuels directly will reduce dependance on fossil fuels.
4. Switch off gadgets when not in use : Often when we go out, we forget to switch off fans, bulbs, gadgets when actually there is no use of them. These devices generate heat which in itself contribute to global warming. Switching off these devices will save electricity, lower down electricity bills and reduce global warming.
5. Stop deforestation : Less trees means less absorption of green house gases which are in itself responsible for more global warming. We can fight global warming by reducing deforestation and forest degradation. Managing forests and agriculture therefore should be the top priority to reduce carbon emissions.
6. Use public transportation : Pollution from vehicles account for major portion of carbon emissions. Usage of public transportation, car pooling and low carbon fuels not only reduce pollution but also reduce vehicular traffic on the road. In the long run, public transportation appear more cost friendly and doesn’t pinch the pocket.
7. Explore renewable sources : Renewable sources like solar, wind, geothermal and bio-energy create clean energy and have been in use around the world for many years. These technologies can be deployed quickly, are cost-effective and create jobs for millions of people.
8. Pushing for tough standards : Government should ensure that no subsidies, incentives or commitments are made to new coal-fired plants unless they produce zero emissions.
9. Developing low carbon technologies : Research and development of low carbon technologies will further help in reducing carbon emissions.
10. Spreading word : Word of mouth is the best way to create awareness among the people to stop carbon emissions. Presentations, meetings and discussions over global warming provide information about viable solutions to global warming, and reinforcing the economic benefits available throughout the Midwest from the development of renewable energy and energy efficiency.
Latest posts by Rinkesh (see all)
- Passive House Design: How It Works and Misconceptions Explained - February 20, 2017
- What are Organic Fertilizers – Benefits and Different Types of Organic Fertilizers - February 17, 2017
- 25 Compelling Reasons Why Plastic Bottles Should Be Banned - February 10, 2017