Geothermal Energy Pump Systems
All that talk about geothermal heat pump systems around you might have inspired to have one in your home. But you don’t know that right information about the system to be planted. There are different types of geothermal systems. Depending on the circumstances, many types are available. Geothermal systems are effective due to their limitless energy supply and less effective costs. They are now planted on domestic and industrial levels both.
The Choice of Right Geothermal Pump System
Some of the factors that determine the right type of system to be implanted are:
1. Weather conditions.
2. Soil conditions.
3. Cost of initial implantation.
4. The space or area available for the system.
So these factors manage the choice of suitable type. They are more suitable for hot places as the magma from the hot region is not far away and heat can be derived easily. But they can also be implanted in areas having little colder regions.
Types of Geothermal Pump Systems
There are many types of geothermal systems. Their choice depends on the conditions available. The systems are:
1. Closed pipe system : It has total three loops; two loops on the ground side and one loop is the system cabinet which exchange the heat with the other loops which bring heat from the ground. They have longer and bigger pipes for proper functioning and accuracy. They have an extra loop which pumps fluid between water loop and refrigerant loop. They have further two types:
- Vertical system : As the name suggests these systems occupy less space but are larger in length and are buried deep down into the ground. They are used for multistory housing complexes and for large commercial building. They are more pricy.
- Horizontal system ; They occupy more space in width than the vertical systems but are less buried underground. They are most cost effective. It should be made sure that enough space is available for their installation. In suburban installation they are the most viable systems.
2. Pond or lake system : This system has a water source near its installation. The underground pipes run from the building to the water body. The pipes are in the form of concentric coils so that the water does not freeze.
3. Open loop system : This system needs a continuous supply of clean water which can be harnessed to absorb heat from the water below the earth. So water bodies are used for heat exchange between the fluids.
4. Direct exchange : Instead of exchanging heat by circulation, the direct exchange has a single loop refrigerant which has direct contact with the ground.
So it is very important to get the accurate system installed whether in industries or at homes. If you would have had right system installed it will serve as the energy saver and will assist you monetarily. You can visit geothermal centers that would assist you in choosing the right system. An expert should be hired to make the installations possible. You can also search online; many centers have backup websites which can help you through this.
So choosing the right type of geothermal system is very important. You can hire an expert or get information from any online source which would assist you. Knowledge about geothermal systems is very important as it is a large scale production.
Latest posts by Rinkesh (see all)
- Oil Spill: How Does it Happen and Various Causes of Oil Spill - July 21, 2017
- Carsharing: How You Can Take Advantage of it to Help the Environment and Yourself - July 20, 2017
- What is an Earthship: Construction, Design and Examples - July 17, 2017